Show your support for the Rock Island Trail. Friday, November 30th, is the LAST DAY to leave a public comment for Missouri State Parks in support of the 144-mile Rock Island Trail corridor.
The #1 most important comment you can help with: You strongly support the Rock Island Trail and urge State Parks to accept the corridor and preserve it complete and intact for the future.
Background on this issue:
- Missouri State Parks is deciding now whether or not to accept the 144-mile trail corridor – or perhaps to break it up into pieces or abandon portions of it or all of it.
- Supporters like you have submitted thousands of supportive comments in the past, but this is now State Parks’ official public comment period in for making their decision about whether or not to preserve this important trail corridor for the future.
- We feel it will take thousands of supportive comments from citizens like you to help State Parks make the right decision.
- More background on the current status of the Rock Island Trail and ideas if you would like to leave a more detailed public comment
And . . . please remember to support our statewide advocacy work in support of bicycling, walking, and trails in Missouri as part of your year-end charitable giving. Here are ways you can help:
– Make a special donation of any size – it’s tax deductible and helps support our statewide advocacy work in support of more, better, safer bicycling, walking, and trails in Missouri.
– Becoming a sustaining member – Just $5, $10, $15, or $20 per month is amazingly helpful, keeping us on even financial keel throughout the year. And–no more renewal notices!
– Become a member of our elite Yellow Jersey Club – This small, select group donates $1000 or more annually–or just $83.33 per month.